poniedziałek, 5 września 2011

Słówko dnia: bank


bank:
1. bank
the Bank of England Bank Anglii
2. bank/pula
to break the bank rozbić bank
3. pojemnik (np na odpady)
paper bank pojemnik na makulaturę


Idiom: to be safe as the Bank of England być absolutnie bezpiecznym






bank (2):
1. brzeg
the banks of the Thames brzegi tamizy
2. wał/zwał/nasyp/zaspa
3. skarpa, nadszybie (w górnictwie)
4. przechyłka/nacgylenie toru
5. ławica/łacha
sand bank łacha piaszczysta
6. kępa/obłok/tuman/ściana
bank of clouds kłęby/zwały chmur
7. przechył (w lotnictwie)
8. czoło, przodka (w górnictwie)


bank (3):
1. rząd/blok/zespół (seria)
2. ławka wioślarza


Cytaty:


The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled.
  • John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence it came, Where it Went p. 29

I went to the bank and went over my savings. I found out I have all the money that I'll ever need. If I die tomorrow.
  • Henny Youngman


I think that not relying too heavily on one bank and one bank manager is a good rule to learn.
  • Richard Branson

Brak komentarzy: